Want to play Lawn Bowls but never played before?
No problem...The Waves Bowls Club Caloundra has a perfect membership to get you started and enjoying Lawn Bowls in No time.
Upon Joining the Club all new bowling members can undertake coaching with our team of Club Coaches to ready themselves for competition and social play.
This coaching includes the following areas:
- Safety on the green
- Green layout – lines, markers and pegs
- Placement of the mat
- Rolling the jack
- Understand the bowl bias
- Bowl grip and stance
- Backhand & forehand deliveries
- Touchers and dead bowls
- Score card, score board & indicating
- Estimating closest bowl
- Drawing shots to different lengths
- Bowls in the ditch
- Explain different games, eg pairs, triples etc
- Commonly used terms
- Care of bowls
We also arrange games for you with members who are only to happy to play with and nurture new bowlers.